Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Shrimp Cocktail

Janis and Florian made these beautiful shrimp cocktails last year that I took pictures of and have been saving to post (ok, not saving exactly - I totally forgot I had them!). I love the presentation and think they look very Valentine's Day dinner appropriate - Janis made a similar version last night at our Palentine dinner and it reminded me that I should share this idea.

The ones from last year have two sauces side-by-side in martini glasses with large cooked shrimp propped around the rim of the glass, and garnished with a piece of fresh chive.  So pretty and the combo of sauces was nice - one is cocktail sauce and the other a creamy horseradish sauce (mix prepared horseradish into sour cream, maybe add a bit of lemon juice).

Last night Janis just put cocktail sauce in the glass and it was equally pretty and a fun way to serve shrimp cocktail (which I love love love!).


they put the sauces into ziplock baggies and snipped the corner to make
getting it into the glass clean and could control where the sauce went. 
or with just cocktail sauce - still pretty!
Happy Palentine's Day!!!
Janis also brought champagne with raspberries, and a
decadent chocolate dessert that I'll share with you once
she gives me the recipe! So good!


one year ago: how to make a heart sun catcher














two years ago: Valentine's Day wine label

No comments:

Post a Comment