Thursday, February 15, 2018

Clary Sage Bath Salts

I just got a bottle of Clary Sage essential oil - there's a bunch of things you can do with it (diffuse it, add to shampoo/conditioner, add to lotion...) and my friend Isabelle gave me this recipe for homemade clary sage bath salts that I'm loving. Clary sage is an herb known for it's calming properties and benefits to the skin - and it smells really good too - so it's perfect to mix into bath salts. I haven't added sea salt or baking soda to my usual Epsom salt routine before so this is different for me, I really like it though and hope you'll try it!

The instructions she sent me are hard to read, so I'm typing out the basics:

1/2 cup coarse sea salt
2 cups Epsom salts
1/4 cup baking soda
8 drops clary sage essential oil
food coloring if desired (note I didn't add coloring, if you want to give as a gift tho it might be nice to make it a pretty color)

Mix all together in a large bowl.
I keep mine in a big jar with a lid and a scoop right next to my bath tub.



No comments:

Post a Comment