Saturday, February 24, 2018

Fringed Lampshade

After making my little side table less contemporary (by wrapping the chrome legs in twine and adding woodgrain contact paper to the frosted top, click here for that post), my modern standing lamp looked out of place. I didn't want to wrap the whole thing with twine (because how many twine wrapped things does one room need?) so I played around with the shade to see if I could make it look a little less white and modern.  First I covered it with patterned paper but because the shade curves in the middle the paper didn't fit right...so I found this fringe in my stash and literally just wrapped it around the bottom and clipped it in the back. When and if I want to change it I can just remove the clip and the shade is as good as new.




No comments:

Post a Comment