Monday, February 5, 2018

Paracord Camera Wrist Strap

I got a new camera and 'cuz I'm not a guy I started reading the user manual (instead of just pushing buttons haha)...yeah so I have a problem with the instructions. First step in the quick start guide is "attach the camera strap". Can you feel where this is going? I looked at the boring camera strap that came with the camera and thought "oh heck no, I can do better than this" and set about making myself a cool different wrist strap...with beads...and fringe...and it's awesome!

No, I don't know how to use my camera yet because I got a little sidetracked with the whole making a new strap thing...but I will. Let's hope step number two doesn't lead me to start adding glitter and stickers to the body ;)

There's a bunch of different instructions and videos online - I watched a few and then just made my own. It's similar to making dog collars actually (click here for that post), without the buckle. I used 10 yards of paracord, a big keyring, and two letter beads for my initials.

It's a little long but this is where I got the basic instructions for how to make the strap (click here). I changed it by using a 1 1/4" keyring instead of a small jump ring, and for mine I left tails instead of cutting the ends off. To the tails I strung initial beads and tied them on with a knot. I made Dave a gray one (using a small jump ring and without tails and beads) that ended up being too small so I told him I'd remake it and what color would he like - I have blue, gray, camo...he goes "well black would match the camera". Geesh, well that's not fun. He also thinks the keyring is better than the jump ring in case you're wondering :)










one year ago: crock pot mac and cheese
two years ago: valentine poppers with brooke and sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment