Sunday, February 18, 2018

Pastitsio

This is a sort of Greek lasagna type dish that I made for our "Palentine's" dinner last week, it's an Ina Garten (The Barefoot Contessa) recipe on Food Network that sounded good and let me tell you, it's fabulous!! There are a few steps and I know some of you are going to be intimidated by that but trust me - it's worth it. So good that Ron and Janis had leftovers for dinner the next night (I said "how did you resist until dinnertime? I ate some for breakfast the next morning"!!) - it was just as good reheated the following day. Mmmmm...this is a keeper. Since I'm crediting Ina and Food Network I'm not going to retype - just copy and pasting the recipe straight from them (hopefully that's allowed, don't narc on  me...!).  You can watch a video of Ina making this at Foodnetwork.com.




Ingredients



For the Tomato Meat Sauce:
For the Bechamel:

1 comment: