Saturday, February 10, 2018

Organizing...Food Containers

I'll tell you what drives me crazy....see if you have an issue with this too...you want to clean up after dinner and put the leftovers away, so you open the drawer and pull out the appropriate container and CANNOT find a lid that fits. Why does that happen? It's like 1 missing sock in the laundry - where do they go?????

To save a little sanity I went thru all of the containers and matched them up with a lid. If I had a container or a lid that didn't match up then out it went. This way I'm positive that every container in the drawer has a matching lid. Then I put the shapes together (bowls with bowls, etc.) and stacked them, odd sizes go in the back, and all of the lids (except the big ones that don't fit, they stay with their containers in the back) go in a large container. I've been doing it this way for a while now and I gotta say - the system works and saves tons of time (and frustration)!

Do you guys have a way to keep this area organized that you want to share?












No comments:

Post a Comment