Sunday, February 2, 2020

Around the Campfire 🔥 (week 5)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap of what happened at MMDC last week in case you missed anything:

Posts ~
1/26: 🔥week 4
1/27: DIY not DUI
1/28: tip-sy Tuesday: microwaving tip
1/29: lemon rosemary chicken (rotisserie hack)
1/30: tbt: cardinal salad
1/31: Al's Napa salad
2/1:  Miss Lori's wintery wreath

Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy ~

  • read "Face-Off", a compilation of short thriller stories with a cool twist - each story is written by two authors using their main characters. I read the story descriptions of each one - lots of the authors and characters I don't know, so I skipped the ones that the story didn't appeal to me so I can't really give it a good or bad review. I enjoyed the stories by the authors I know, I'm not a huge fan of short stories tho because if it's a good story then I want to read more about it! So I'm only going ⭐️⭐️ and 1/2 mostly because it's not my favorite type of book. 
  • also read "Long Road to Mercy" by David Balducci, it was just ok - lots of detail about things not pertaining to the plot line (lots of weightlifting stuff, etc.) and too longwinded about bombs and politics that I don't care about. Still, having said that, I did finish it and it is an interesting story line, I just didn't love it. Also give ⭐️⭐️ and 1/2
  • My friends and hiking buddies Mark and Chuck are on their way to Tanzania to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro! How cool is that? I'm so jealous and can't wait to hear about their adventure and see the (what I know will be) AMAZING photos!
Are you ready for some football? I heard two guys greet each other this morning with "Happy Super Bowl Sunday" LOL. Like it's a holiday. I made these cute football brownies for our party:



Have a great week - stop by often to see what other things I think of to make at camp :)

Sincerely ~


Jill
camp counselor and wannabe mountain climber


2.2.19: groundhog day
2.2.18: superbowl games
2.2.17: preserved lemons
2.2.16: storing wrapping and tissue paper

No comments:

Post a Comment