Sunday, February 16, 2020

Around the Campfire 🔥 (week 7)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap in case you missed anything at MMDC last week:

Posts ~
2/9: 🔥week 6
2/10: fabric pins
2/11: origami paper heart
2/12: yarn heart
2/13: hotdog heart
2/14: wine glass lamp shade
2/15: tuna artichoke salad

What's Cooking ~

I was gone for a few days and pretty much ate out the whole time. Meanwhile,  Dave was on his own  and made himself a couple good dinners:
  • grilled lamb chops, creamed spinach
  • grilled chicken breast, caesar salad
  • swordfish tacos with kale salad
Once I got back we had:
  • Lasagna (thanks Janis!)
  • grilled chicken, spaghetti squash 'mac and cheese' (recipe soon!), roasted broccoli
Miscellaneous things keeping me busy ~
  • all of my flights were a nightmare which led me to having lots and lots of time to read and watch movies. I watched 'Judy' (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Renee Zelwegger did a great job!); 'Maleficent 2' (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I didn't see the first one but thought the 2nd was really good); 'Blink of an eye' (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ racing moving centering on Dale Earnhart and Michael Waltrip, I loved it and it made me cry - and I'm not a fan of either one so that says something haha); and 'Western Stars' (⭐️⭐️⭐️ Bruce Springsteen movie/live concert in a barn which was pretty cool, music good, I fast forwarded thru the slow parts - it was just ok)
  • I read 'Room to Breathe' by Liz Talley without realizing it's contemporary romance which is not my favorite, but I liked it ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️; 'Lost Hills' by Lee Goldberg, thriller with gruesome murders and lots of blood, not super suspenseful but a good read ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️; and 'The Deserter' by Nelson and Alex DeMille about a pair of Army investigators tracking a deserter thru Venezuela and the jungle, and not knowing who to trust. I liked it ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.
A couple pics from Tennessee:


Know that feeling of being watched? Who thought it was a good idea to have this bear looking into the guest bedroom? Every. Single. Time. it caught my eye I jumped.

My sis and I split what seemed like an interesting lunch - 'steak and fries salad'. Who thought it was a good idea to put steak and fries on top of salad? It was bad. Really bad. And I'm a steak, fries, and salad lover - but never all together ever again!

Gotta run - the Daytona 500 starts in a bit and I've got to get ready to spend the rest of the day watching tv LOL, no time to craft (although I am working on crocheting an afghan so I'll probably do that to at least feel like I'm accomplishing something today!). Hope you had a great week!

Sincerely ~


Jill
camp counselor and Nascar lover (who misses Dale Jr!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment