Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Tip-sy Tuesday: Repair a Torn Umbrella

My sis borrowed my old travel umbrella (it's really perfect for travel - it fold up small and fits in a hard zipper case so even if it's wet you can easily slip it into your tote/purse/pocket) and when she brought it back she mentioned that it has a small tear in it - not big enough that the umbrella wasn't useful, she just wanted me to know (and also wanted me to know she didn't do it hahahha). Anyway, I really like the umbrella so figured I'd try to repair it. My initial thought was to maybe sew it somehow, but when I Googled for solutions I read that some umbrellas can be repaired using a vinyl patch like for pool floats and other inflatables. I happened to have a clear vinyl repair patch kit on hand and simply cut out 2 squares large enough to completely cover the rip, applied one on each side of the umbrella and it totally worked! Saved my umbrella and it was incredibly easy to do. Just thought I'd share that tip in case you have a ripped umbrella (whether or not you blame your sister for the rip is your call 😂). 

Didn't take a photo - but it wouldn't have done you any good anyway, you can't see the repair at all. So just picture an umbrella and you've got the idea LOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment