Friday, July 5, 2024

Felt Pouch with Fortune

I've been working on cleaning out my craft room, it'll take forever as I've got soooooo much stuff crammed into every nook and cranny! Ugh. The fun thing about the process tho is coming across projects I forgot I've made - take this one for example, I made a ton of these back in the early 2000's and am just coming across them again. I still think it's a cute idea so I'll share.


I have no idea why or how I got this idea to make simple little felt pouches and embellish them with fortunes I made up or Googled hahaha, but they are super cute and easy to make fun little gifts. I found thick plastic ziplock pouches and cut felt big enough to cover; in this case my pouch is approx 6.75 x 3.75 so I cut a piece of felt 8 x 7. 


Print a fortune on paper or cardstock, cut it out, sew it to a piece of coordinating felt that is a bit bigger than the size of the paper - in this example the fortune is 2.25 x 1.25, the felt piece behind it is 3 x 1.25. Then sew the small felt piece with the paper onto to the larger piece of felt about .75" - 1 inch from the top edge (your pouch will be 7" across and 4" high, so the top edge of the pouch is the 7" side). Add beads and sequins if you want. Fold the 8" felt in half, sew the 2 short ends together leaving the top (opposite the folded side) open. Insert the plastic pouch or a small gift. 

Note: I made these for Christmas presents, so I printed "lucky numbers 12, 25, 03" in small text under the fortune. You could make up random numbers or other significant dates, or the name of your fortune company (again, some random words like "The Peking Fortune Company" or something more significant). 

Some examples of fortunes:

  • THE SECRET TO GOOD FRIENDS IS NO SECRET TO YOU
  • THERE ARE MANY UNEXPECTED AND THRILLING SURPRISES IN STORE FOR YOU
  • BETTER TO WEAR SLIPPERS THAN TO CARPET THE ENTIRE WORLD
  • THE BEST TIMES OF YOUR LIFE HAVE NOT BEEN LIVED
  • GOOD CLOTHES OPEN MANY DOORS - GO SHOPPING
  • HOW YOU LOOK DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU GO
  • A SURPRISE TREAT AWAITS YOU
  • YOUR CHARACTER CAN BE DESCRIBED AS NATURAL AND UNRESTRAINED
  • NEVER TROUBLE TROUBLE, TIL TROUBLE TROUBLES YOU


No comments:

Post a Comment