Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Diaper Floral Arrangement

I planned on picking up fresh flowers for the 'girl' side of the couples baby shower but then (yes, while Googling for baby shower ideas) I saw images for a centerpiece made out of rolled diapers and of course that seemed way more fun (crafting vs. buying = I'll usually pick the craft hahaha).

This was pretty easy - roll up the diapers (I started with the folded edge, you could also start from the open top side), hold in place with white yarn. Carefully slide the blunt end of a skewer into the middle of the diaper roll trying not to poke a hole in the diaper so they can be used later. Line a pitcher/vase with tissue paper and add a round of styrofoam in the bottom; stick the pointy end of the skewers into the foam to help hold them in place. 

Note: the diaper rolls themselves look like exactly what they are and I almost lost the faith that this would turn out hahaha. Keep going, it gets better. 

Once you have as many diaper roll skewers as you want in the vase, add pieces of colored tulle here and there among the rolls, I tied a few of the rolls with some green tulle and also interspersed bits of yellow tulle; I cut apart a bundle of artificial flowers, removed the flowers and added the leaves and wired stem among the diaper rolls. Lastly, add more tissue paper as needed around the base of the rolls to mostly cover up the skewers. 

This ended up looking really cute and even tho Dave said they still looked like rolled up diapers and not flowers LOL I thought it looked like how I meant it to - it mimicked a flower bouquet! 






7.5.22: fanny pack gift idea




No comments:

Post a Comment