Friday, July 7, 2023

My Sister Tried It: Famous Chicken Breast Rolls

Well, I have done a lot of oatmeal/breakfast/protein related things lately so today my “Jenny tried it" is a chicken recipe. This one was weirdly in the form of a Facebook video. Weird place to get recipes? Absolutely. With my sister who'd probably never try a recipe that was not written out with specific instructions? Probably not. I however, decided to give it a go. The first issue is that it required me to watch the video and either take screenshots or seriously scribble things down as fast as I could. So so here is the basic recipe. You are welcome for me not making you watch this in video form and scribble it down.

  • Two big chicken breasts, sliced in half to make skinny cutlets
  • A half a cup of light cream cheese
  • Quarter cup of mozzarella cheese
  • Half a cup of chopped up spinach
  • Garlic salt
  • Topping - equal parts light mayonnaise and mustard mixed together. 

First I sliced the chicken breasts to lay them flat. Spread with cream cheese on each one, then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, and the spinach. I also sprinkled with a little bit of garlic salt. I then rolled the brass up, and held them, rolled with a toothpick. I placed these in a shallow baking dish that I had sprayed with Pam. Spoon a little of the Mayo/mustard mixture on the top of each one and bake for 25 minutes, remove from the oven and sprinkle a little more mozzarella cheese on the top, and bake for another 10 minutes after that. 

So I have to say this was AMAZING. Not sure of the point to the Mayo/mustard mix on the top- unless to keep it moist? It would have been good without it I think but regardless this was great. The flavor was awesome- and my husband gave it a 9! I’ll for sure be making this one again! Guess my sister better up her game when she makes my next meal! HAHAHAHA








Jill here: Jen emailed me this recipe and pictures and titled it  “Chicken recipe - needs a name!”

I asked what they called it on Facebook haha and she said 'famous chicken breast rolls' - so I went with that. Famous? I don't know, but Jen certainly loved it and I will def be making this one in my future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment