Friday, July 14, 2023

My Sister Tried It: Brownie Baked Oatmeal

Hello Everyone! I'm back with another thing I tried.  
Since I have been working remote it has left me with a need to make more food at home.  No more office birthday parties, no coffee runs, no pot lucks. Blah. If you have followed any of my past posts I have been trying anything that comes up with oatmeal, protein powder, etc. Breakfast things that taste good but can almost pass as a dessert. (did I mention no more office doughnuts? Blah again).  Anyway, I also prefer anything I make to be somewhat healthy.  Or at least healthy enough that I can try to pass it off as good for me.  That then brings me to today's recipe.  Unlike my 4 ingredient protein balls, this one actually required a little more work.  At least 8 ingredients... and a stove! Oh the work! I"m exhausted. haha. 
I love brownies so had a feeling I would like this.  Don't be fooled though, this is not brownies.  Its oatmeal.  Chocolate oatmeal. Most of the things I have tried lately have been pretty successful. This one was more in the "just ok" category.  Dont get me wrong it was good - if you like chocolate oatmeal.  Not good if you were expecting brownies.  Which I was. So needless to say I was pretty disappointed. 

See below for their recipe. I followed it exactly except the flax. I didn't have any. No idea how/if that would have changed it but was "good" anyway. 
Give it a try! 








No comments:

Post a Comment