Sunday, July 9, 2023

🔥 Around the Campfire (week 28)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap in case you missed anything at camp last week:

Posts ~

7/2: 🔥 week 27 

7/3: couples baby shower

7/4: Happy July 4th

7/5: diaper floral arrangement 

7/6: pesto pasta salad

7/7: MSTI: chicken breast rolls 

7/8: words

What's Cooking ~

  • mushroom stroganoff, roasted asparagus
  • grilled pork chops, sweet potatoes, steamed green beans
  • burgers, steak fries, green salad
  • baked salmon, couscous, wilted spinach
  • lamb chops, potato salad
  • steak, tater tots :), caesar salad
Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy ~
  • I stopped reading books by Danielle Steele years ago, I just got tired of them and the 'formula' of her story lines - and romance is one of my least favorite genres (I lean towards John Sandford, Vince Flynn, Lee Child, James Patterson...). So when I read a review in the Costco magazine flyer thing of Danielle's latest book 'The Wedding Planner' I decided I'd give her another shot. I probably just used  way too many words to say I'm not a DS fan and am still not a fan. I was bored, don't like her writing, kept waiting for something - anything - to happen. And nothing did. ⭐️ One star but don't take my word for it, if you love her then you'll probably enjoy this one!
  • Fortunately to balance out the above book I got to read a book that I loved and will give a bunch of stars! "Happy Place" by Emily Henry. It's a beach read about friendships and relationships,  with a lot of laughs and a good plot (for me anyway). I enjoyed the characters, the settings, the dialog, her style of writing and storytelling, and was sad when the book ended. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

That's it for this week - hope you'll stop by often for more projects, crafts, recipes, whatever we think to make at camp! Bye :)

Sincerely ~

Jill
camp counselor

7.9.22: roasted pork loin with fig sauce

7.9.21: yard yahtzee

7.9.20: bacon lettuce cups

7.9.19: hair bun hack

7.9.18: beach terrarium








7.9.17: knock-off Topopo Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment