Thursday, July 27, 2023

GF Chinese Chicken Corn and Bean Soup by Macey

 GF Chinese Chicken Corn & Bean Soup (So yum)!! 


  • 2 cans of sweet corn 
  • 1 1/4 cup cooked shredded chicken
  • 6 cups of chicken broth (stock, bouillon, etc). 
  • Green onion 
  • White beans (1 can, rinsed) 
  • 2 eggs whisked
  • 3 T. tapioca flour (gluten free) or cornstarch
  • 3 T. water
  • 1 Tablespoons GF soy sauce, or to taste
  • Salt and pepper 
  • Top with some greens for looks :)

1. Add one can of corn with the liquid to 1 cup of the stock and blend it up with an immersion blender until no kernels are left. You can also do it with a standing blender or food processor.

2. Then add the remaining stock and the other can of corn to the crockpot 

3. Mix the flour and water together and stir into the crockpot. Then I add in 2 whisked eggs into the crockpot, this makes the soup have like ribbons in it… it’s delicious, trust me. 

4. Make sure to rinse first, then I add white beans and chopped green onions. Then add seasonings (you can dress this soup up down however you prefer to season but I usually just stick to salt and pepper and occasionally add ground black pepper and chili flakes if I want something more spicy). Add soy sauce to taste. 

5. I allow this soup to cook for an hour before I add the shredded chicken. (Remember, I’m using chicken from the whole chicken I made on Sunday, so I’m just shredding pieces of cooked chicken and putting them into the pot right before it’s done so that it doesn’t overcook the meat!) 

6. I usually top this with green onion, but today I was very low on green onion so instead (for looks) I threw a little fresh parsley. It was delicious.


7.27.22: zucchini brownies version 2

7.27.21: travel medication tip

7.27.20: gourmet s'mores

7.27.19: penne alla vecchia bettola

7.27.18: Japanese string gardening

7.27.17: crochet a mug cozy











7.27.16: travel trip for medications



No comments:

Post a Comment