Thursday, July 20, 2023

Scrambled Eggs by Macey

Want to know the secret to the best scrambled eggs? It’s sour cream! 

On Saturdays when I have more time to cook in the kitchen, I will cut potatoes into little baby squares and fry them in a cast iron skillet. I add parsley, thyme, fresh, basil, olive oil, salt, and pepper. 

When making my eggs, I add one dollop of sour cream for every egg. Whisk this thoroughly, so there are no clumps of sour cream, butter the pan before you put the eggs into the pan, and flip them just as it starts to bubble! (Think… light and fluffy eggs, not “fried!”) 

The eggs with sour cream are great by themselves, however I like to add cheese. For this specific meal, I added some mozzarella cheese into the eggs just as they were done cooking so the cheese is still melty. 

I topped this with a dollop of sour cream, some salsa and fresh avocado! 😊 SO GOOD! (Definitely a bigger breakfast than normal but 🤷🏼‍♀️ 🐖) 😂 


7.20.22: peach cobbler

7.20.21: TT - silpat vs parchment paper

7.20.20: chocolate chip, banana, oatmeal muffins

7.20.19: grilled tuna pasta salad

7.20.18: kid craft: beach jars

7.20.17: how I organize my garden stuff

7.20.16: Budapest and Vienna


No comments:

Post a Comment