Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Tip-sy Tuesday: silpat vs. parchment

Quick little thing I just discovered after all these years of baking - I tend to bake cookies on parchment paper and occasionally use a silpat (silicone non-stick baking mat); they both make for easy cleanup and I don't have to grease any cookie sheets using either of them. Well today I did half a batch using a piece of parchment and the other half using a silpat - all other factors being the same (same oven, same scoop, same temperature, same batter) - the cookies on the silpat spread out way more than the parchment for some reason. They taste the same, but if you're going for a certain look of cookie you might want to think about which liner you will bake them on. I didn't realize they baked different size cookies! 

left baked on parchment, right baked on a Silpat mat

I'll post the recipe for these yummy cookies tomorrow - promise! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment