Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Peach Cobbler

Claudette made peach cobbler and sent a couple pieces with LeDonna and Mark for Dave and I to try - we weren't home to eat it at dinner that night but I enjoyed it for breakfast the next morning. It's really good and a little different than I've made it and asked if she'd share the recipe. 

EASY PEACH COBBLER

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup flour
  • 2 cups sugar, divided (that means you won't use it all at the same time)
  • 1 T. baking powder
  • 1 cup milk
  • 4 cups sliced peaches
  • 1 T. lemon juice
  • ground cinnamon or nutmeg
  1. Melt butter in a 9x13" baking dish.
  2. Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, and baking powder. Add milk, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter (do not stir).
  3. Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, lemon juice to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over batter (do not stir). Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg. 
  4. Bake at 375' 40-45 minutes.

LeDonna told me that Claudette wondered if I liked it, L told her that we were out for dinner but knowing me I'd eat it for breakfast hahahha, yep she knows me well! 

To my credit I did not eat it with ice cream or whipped cream for breakfast (and didn't miss it!). 


7.20.21: TT - silpat vs parchment paper

7.20.20: chocolate chip, banana, oatmeal muffins

7.20.19: grilled tuna pasta salad

7.20.18: kid craft: beach jars

7.20.17: how I organize my garden stuff

7.20.16: Budapest and Vienna



No comments:

Post a Comment