Friday, July 22, 2022

Loaded Tater Tots

Loaded tater tots. 

Really, do I need to say anything else? 

Do you need to hear how mega-delicious loaded tater tots are? How easy they are to make? How addictive they are to eat? What a great side dish to grilled steak they make? 

I didn't think so. Just make these. That's all I'm saying :)

  • (32 oz) package frozen tater tots
  • 1 cup Monterey Jack Queso (or any jarred white queso, I like one from "On the Border")
  • 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  • cooked, chopped bacon
  • thinly sliced green onions, optional 
  • sour cream, for serving if desired
1. Preheat oven to 425'. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange frozen tater tots on the pan and bake according to package directions.

2. Warm the queso in a microwave, drizzle over baked tater tots. Top with shredded cheese and put bake in the oven until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chopped bacon and onions if desired. Serve with sour cream on the side if desired.

notes:
* I didn't sprinkle the onions on top but put them in a little side dish so whoever wanted them could help themselves. 
*You can obviously change this up to suit your taste - I based ours on what I like on a loaded baked potato. 
*You'd think the addition of the Queso dip would make things soggy but it didn't - well it did as it sat for a while, but even then it was addictively delicious! 
*we served them off the baking sheet, if you want a prettier presentation put the baked tater tots on a oven-safe serving dish before adding the queso and cheese, then continue with the above instructions. 
*I wish I would have taken a better photo of these on our plates with meat and salad! 



No comments:

Post a Comment