Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Zucchini Brownies v2

The other day I stumbled on a post from last fall for zucchini brownies that everyone liked but I thought were a little cakey, so I said I was going to experiment with other recipes - and of course I forgot that I was going to keep trying to find the best zucchini brownies for Ginny. She didn't get to try the first version, so when I gave her a plate of these she couldn't compare them to the others - but let me tell you, her reaction was so funny, she called me and the family behind her were all yelling that they LOVED them! She said they were fighting over the last one and I had only given them to her like 5 minutes previously HAHA! 

The texture of these is very soft, I thought too soft (seemed really underdone to me) so I said to her that I'd bake them longer next time and once again I got shouting into the phone to not change a thing. I laughed. Ok, ok, I hear you Ginny and fam - I'll leave 'em alone! 

Dave and Mark had the most center part of the pan underneath a scoop of ice cream and also loved them and raved. So what do I know? Soft and seemingly undercooked is the perfect zucchini brownie - although I'm going to make the first recipe again to see if she likes them any more than this recipe (I'll let you know what they think between the 2 versions). 

Oh my gosh I just realize I don't have any pics of these baked! Goodness, sorry people. They look like super moist brownies, use your imagination hahah!!! I know, I'll make both of the recipes for Ginny to try side-by-side and then I'll update this post with more photos. 

ZUCCHINI BROWNIES

  • 1 ½ cups diced zucchini
  • ¼ cup vegetable oil
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ½ cup all-purpose flour
  •  cup granulated sugar
  •  cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ½ cup mini chocolate chips
  • chocolate frosting (optional)


    • 1. Preheat the oven to 350F degrees and line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
    • 2. Add the diced zucchini, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. 
    • 3. Pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl or stand mixer bowl.In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt - add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
    • 4. Fold in the chocolate chips and pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. 
    • 5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about an hour then top with frosting (if using.) Slice and serve.


      8/22 update - I made both, version 2 is in the foreground on the left, version 1 is in the back

       recipe found Here

      7.27.21: travel medication tip

      7.27.20: gourmet s'mores

      7.27.19: penne alla vecchia bettola

      7.27.18: Japanese string gardening

      7.27.17: crochet a mug cozy










      7.27.16: travel trip for medications




    No comments:

    Post a Comment