Thursday, July 6, 2023

Pesto Pasta Salad

I made this super easy pasta salad for the baby shower last weekend, it turned out great and everyone seemed to love it! 

  • frozen cheese tortellini
  • pesto (we love Costco's pesto in the prepared food section by the cheeses, but I also have a great recipe for citrus pesto if you feel like making it)
  • halved cherry tomatoes
  • small mozzarella balls (cut in half if you can only find the bigger small balls) or chopped fresh mozzarella
  • mayo (I like light Hellman's), optional
There are no measurements listed above because they are all based on how much pasta salad you want to make. To make a large serving bowl for the shower I used 4 bags of tortellini, about 18 oz. of pesto, 1.5 pound container of cherry tomatoes, 1 container of tiny mozzarella balls (I think 8 oz.), and a big spoonful of mayo. 

Boil the tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse to stop it from continuing to cook. Add pesto and mayo and stir to thoroughly combine. Stir in the tomatoes and mozzarella balls. That's it!


I, of course, forgot to take a picture but I cropped a photo of the food table so you can get an idea. It's in the green bowl to the left of Natalie's sliced cucumber, cream cheese lightened with sour cream, and rye bread square open faced sandwiches. 


No comments:

Post a Comment