Monday, July 6, 2020

RV Living: (another) Wine Cork Cork Board

So the new RV 'needed' a little cork board to hold our keys and a few doodads (you know me and my love of wine cork crafts - so we don't live anywhere without a wine cork cork board!); I brought a big plain framed cork board and a bucket of wine corks up north camping with me figuring I'd have lots of time to sit outside at the table and design it. Well two things happened: 1) it's windy by the water and things kept flying around and 2) I was busy digging up rocks and didn't have time or patience to sit down and make a big cork board. So I sort of 'cheated' and only made a small wine cork cork board and glued it to one side of the big board, then stuck hooks on the other half. Its fine, but looked half done to me and was too big for the space. Fast forward a week later when I went to the store and bought a small framed cork board and did it the 'right' way and am much happier with the outcome.


First I painted the frame a coral-y color because the oak original frame didn't look great in the camper. Then I played with the design, I haven't done one laid out like this before and the smaller framed board was perfect for this layout. Then hot glued them all in place. Voila - the perfect size board completely covered with corks. Instead of trying to mount this on the camper wall (I have no idea if I can pound a nail in these kind of walls, and it seems a little heavy to try to hang it with velcro or common hooks), I found a big plate stand and it's perfect to hold up the board.




the original one that looks half finished - first I glued the corks to a piece of thin
cardboard (I robbed it from a cracker box), then glued the cardboard to the cork board. 

No comments:

Post a Comment