Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Molasses Sugar Cookies

Cathy sent me some pictures of the recipe book she made for her family of their mothers' recipes, both handwritten and typed. She sent me a few examples of what she did because I told her I love the idea - one of them is a recipe for molasses sugar cookies and without asking I totally stole the recipe and made them.


As a surprise Dave dropped off a plate to her and Al but we didn't mention it being her mom's recipe. I didn't ask if she even likes her mom's molasses cookies hahahha ~ but they are delicious and we love them so hopefully she does too! Here's what she texted me later that day:

Cathy: Love ❤️ 💕 love ❤️ the molasses. I would love that recipe
Me:     No I'm sorry but it's a secret recipe I can't share 😉
Cathy: (made a crying face and pretty please emoji face) Please
Me:     you know it's your moms recipe, right? 😂
Cathy: no way



MOLASSES SUGAR COOKIES
  • 3/4 cups shortening
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup molasses
  • 1 egg
  • 2 t. baking soda
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 t. ground cloves
  • 1/2 t. ginger
  • 1 t. cinnamon
  • 1/2 t. salt
Melt shortening in a 3 or 4 quart pan over low heat. Remove, cool. add sugar, egg, and molasses and beat well. Sift together dry ingredients and add to sugar and molasses mixture, mix well and chill until cold. Roll in 1 inch balls, roll in sugar, and place on uncreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake at 375' for 8-10 minutes. Makes 2 to 2 1/2 dozen 



                           

No comments:

Post a Comment