Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Smashed Baby Red Potatoes

I posted a recipe for smashed red potatoes back in 5/16 (click here for that post) and don't think I've made them since. Why not since they are SO good? I do not know. I had a bag of baby potatoes and the idea to smash them popped into my head and I'm very very happy it did, these turned out fantastic. Even Dave gobbled them up and he's not even a huge potato lover. Delicious. I can't say enough good things about this recipe.


Actually it's more of a non-recipe recipe, I kind of followed the original recipe from 5/16 but changed it a bit. Here's what I did:
  • Place baby potatoes in a microwavable dish and cook on high until just cooked, not mushy. 
  • Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray, put the cooked potatoes on the sheet. With a potato masher, lightly press on each potato until it's about 1/2" or so thick.
  • Brush each smashed potato with olive oil, sprinkle with coarse salt and pepper. 
  • Bake at 450' until crispy. I did about 10 minutes and flipped them, then baked an additional 10 minutes. It might not take you that long, watch for them to get browned and crispy. 




1 comment:

  1. Just bought some. Will try it. I am getting so tired of cooking and trying something new.

    ReplyDelete