Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Sugar Cookie Mini Cakes

I have been wanting to make these mini cakes since 2014 - technically that's not true, I saved this idea  on my computer in 2014 and then promptly forgot about it. As you know I have a gazillion pictures and ideas saved just waiting for me to find them again, and I finally made this one. It is SO easy - just about the easiest birthday cake ever (short of buying one, or having your sister make one for you!); it's literally stacked soft sugar cookies and frosting. C'mon, everyone can do this one!   

                             

I bought a package of lemon Lofthouse cookies and made a batch of my homemade buttercream frosting, you can just use a can of store-bought frosting if you want. Using a round cookie cutter, cut each cookie a little bit smaller than their original size - that makes them exactly the same size for stacking, and also cuts away the edges that aren't as thick as the middle of the cookies. Put two cookies together with the frosting on the inside and gently push to stick them together. Frost the sides and top, add sprinkles. See - easy, peasy!






idea found here

No comments:

Post a Comment