Saturday, July 11, 2020

Rosemary Skewered Vegetables

I love kabobs but Dave hates to grill them because they are 'too much work', especially when the food turns on the skewers - I've tried double skewers and even baskets but he still doesn't like to do them. Since my favorite part of a kabob are the veggies, I make these rosemary skewered kababs quite often in the oven. Of course you could skip the rosemary and just thread the veggies onto bamboo skewers, and I do that if I don't have rosemary, but the herb really adds some flavor and make them look pretty and different.


Marinate cut up vegetables - summer squash, zucchini, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, onion...whatever you like. I usually do either olive oil mixed with dijon and sherry vinegar, or olive oil with balsamic and lemon juice; put everything in a large baggie and fridge for about an hour.

Soak the rosemary stems (or bamboo skewers) for 30 minutes. 


Heat oven to 350'. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Thread the veggies onto the skewer (note: if rosemary stems aren't strong enough to push thru the vegetable, poke a hole in the veggie with a bamboo skewer first and thread the rosemary thru that way) and lay on the baking tray. Bake until the vegetables are tender, usually about 35 minutes. 



I forgot to take a picture of these plated and not just on the ugly parchment paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment