Monday, July 27, 2020

Around the Campfire 🔥 (week 30)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap in case you missed anything at camp this past week:

Posts ~
I just realize I pretty much only posted recipes this week! I've been crafting but nothing is finished to show you yet...

What's Cooking ~
  • pork chops, roasted broccoli, parmesan couscous
  • halibut stacks
  • steak, fingerling potatoes, roasted asparagus
  • ribs, chopped kale salad
  • marinated chicken breast, cauliflower rice, green beans
Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy (other than the above crafting that isn't done!)
  • finally read a book that was really good and I enjoyed (I've been on a streak of not great books), 'A Bad Day for Sunshine' by Darynda Jones ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2. When I finished I immediately searched to see if there's a sequel and it appears it'll be out in 2021. Woman moves back to her hometown to be the sheriff, it's a little romance, a little mystery, a little scary, and pretty funny. 
  • also read 'Walk the Wire' #6 in the Amos Decker series by David Baldacci. I really liked the other books in the series, this one however totally disappointed me. It's got too many plot lines, too political, too preachy, too judgy, too condescending...just toooooo everything I don't like. It's set in North Dakota and he's made everyone there gun toting, ignorant, fighting, religious kooks who are fracking and then we basically get lectured about what the characters think of that. Boring and annoying. ⭐️⭐️ I'll give it 2 stars only because I actually finished it and am hoping the next one in the series gets back on track.
  • been camping for a few days and have a couple little things to share with you this coming week - stay tuned.
That's it - hope you had a good week and will stop back often for more recipes, projects, ideas, etc...whatever I can think of to make at MMDC :)

Sincerely ~


Jill
camp counselor and doubter of David Baldacci's depiction of North Dakotans

No comments:

Post a Comment