Monday, July 13, 2020

Zucchini Chimichangas


I saw a recipe for baked zucchini chimichangas and even tho I'm not a huge zucchini lover these sounded good to me, so I planned to make them for dinner. That is, I planned to make them until I actually read the ingredients and it's basically just zucchini and onions which Dave isn't going to eat (he doesn't like onions, and onions don't like him back). I still liked the zucchini idea, so I just made up my own filling - and they turned out great. I loved these! Maybe a tiny bit on the dry-ish side without any sauce, much like the baked chimichangas I made and posted not too long ago, but I served them with shredded lettuce, halved cherry tomatoes, and sour cream and didn't miss a sauce at all.

I don't have amounts since I made up this non-recipe recipe - so just eyeball things and make as much or little as you want!

Lay out flour tortillas on a cutting board or clean counter. Top with rinsed, drained black beans and smush them down a little.

Saute chopped zuchhini and corn in a skillet until barely tender and browned, sprinkle with some Mexican seasoning blend or spices of your choice. Divide evenly amongst the tortillas.

Sprinkle with shredded monterey jack or Mexican blend cheese and some crunchy tortilla strips (or break up tortilla chips). Roll up like a burrito (fold short ends in first, then the longer sides) and place on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 400' for 25 minutes until browned and crispy on the outside.







No comments:

Post a Comment