Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Tip-sy Tuesday: cilantro

Last week I posted a couple things using cilantro, and my guacamole also needs a lot of it - so I'm often chopping cilantro. Sorry I don't have an actual trick for removing the leaves, it's a tedious process pulling the leaves off the stems - but the tip today is when a recipe calls for cilantro you only use the leaves, no stems. No one wants to eat little sticks so make sure you only include the leaves (maybe the very thin flexible stems of small baby leaves, but cut them up finely). When I need chopped cilantro for a couple different dishes I tend to chop it all at once and divide it into the quantities that I need for each recipe - might as well get it all out of the way at once.


Some recipes from the blog using cilantro include:

mexican street corn salad
asian style meatballs with sweet chili sauce
spring rolls
cilantro lime rice
creamy cilantro dressing

No comments:

Post a Comment