Thursday, July 7, 2016

Dear Deers and Their Devastation - by Candy

Candy sent me this about her recent hosta vs deer battle and I thought I'd share her story with you...


My hostas were looking so nice this spring!

















Then we had some visitors.



















After their un-announced visit, I found this - devastation! What to do?


It's pretty hard to fix! The roots from the tree make it almost impossible to dig. And I don't want to get too close to the hosts roots (hoping for a better year, next year! I'll have to get on a regiment of some major stinky stuff to repel those little dears!). Well, today I tried to make it look better. Since the nurseries are having lots of sales, it's a good time to buy! i bought a couple flats of Dragon Wing begonias for $6 each. Some non-stop begonias, some caladium, and a new guinea impatien. You can't be picky about colors this time of year, but there's still a lot to choose from. So now it looks a little better out our den and bathroom windows! Hopefully it will fill in quickly. Miracle Gro is coming out tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment