Thursday, July 28, 2016

Framed Art for Mimi

My niece is moving soon and planning how she wants to decorate her new house - she's been sending me tons of Pinterest ideas of things she'd like us to make together but now time is running out before she goes so I thought I'd make this for her as a surprise. I'm feeling a little guilty about how easy and quick this came together, not really very creative of me haha - but she likes it and it turned out really cute so I'll share it with you :)

All I did was type out the words I wanted, played with fonts, colors and sizes, then printed it out onto white cardstock. Using a standard hole punch, I punched out some gold dots from paper I had left over from making decorations for Paige's graduation station (click here for that post) and glued them on using glue dots. Do you have glue dots? If not you should try them, they are super handy and worked really good on this project. You could also freehand write your words, or use stencils or alphabet stickers, and glue on the dots using plain old elmers if that's what you want - I really took the easy shortcut way by printing from my computer and using the glue dots. This whole project took maybe 15 minutes, and it took that long because I couldn't decide on which font I wanted! Put the completed paper in a cute frame and you're done.

I played around with adding glitter or paint to the gold "good day" but decided it didn't need it.

I stuck the gold punched out dots right onto the glue dots, then peeled them off and stuck to my paper.

I didn't think to measure the frame opening and the paper to see if they were the
 same size, so I had to trim the paper to fit. Fortunately I had left enough
space all around the edges that it wasn't a problem to trim a little off. 


No comments:

Post a Comment