Sunday, July 10, 2016

LeDonna's Rhubarb Pie

Hello, LeDonna here, and thank you Jill again for letting me guest blog for you.

Today I am going to share a special rhubarb pie recipe.  Some of you may say, ewww, I don’t like rhubarb pie!  Well read through and see then if you would like to try.  This recipe I got over 20 years ago from a newspaper and have loved it ever since.  I have had people who normally don’t like rhubarb pie, love this one!  And I have come to love this as a
STRAWBERRY BLUEBARB PIE!  Which is what I made and will show/describe below.



2 9-inch pie crust  (I used to make home made crust, not anymore, I love pillsbury crust ready to roll out), but kudos to you if you make your own!!!!!

3 T. flour


1 ½ Cup Sugar, yes I go a little lighter than a full 1 ½ Cups


3 Cups rhubarb in chunks, you can just use rhubarb, or mix in strawberries/blueberries/raspberries to make up the 3 Cups.  Today I have strawberry/blueberry/rhubarb mixed.
3 eggs, beaten
Line bottom of 9-inch pie plate.
Stir together rhubarb (berry mix), sugar and flour.
Add beaten eggs.
Pour into pie shell.


Top with 2nd crust, fold under and pinch to make scallop


Poke top of crust multiple times with fork.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour.
Serves 6-8.


I forgot to take picture of pie before we cut into!  Lol!  I love to serve the pie warm with a little vanilla ice cream!

This pie has a custardy filling because of the 3 eggs, so I always store my leftover pie in the fridge.
Hope you enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Dear Jill's Sister! Your crust is outstanding!! I can never get mine to look that good. I am going to make this pie. I looks mighty good.

    ReplyDelete