Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Jen Blogs - Table Centerpiece

Hey.. Sister here again.  
So we have established I am the non crafter.  My sister Jill’s table always has some kind of crafty thing on it.  Once for her birthday she asked for me to go to the woods and find her a big giant stick and give it as my gift.  Her plan was to paint it a bright color and lay it there.  I absolutely refused by the way- I wanted no part of that).  Anyway, I do still want something cute on my table.  So what I did was I spent a little money and got this one big giant glass bowl.  It looks similar to a giant daiquiri  glass.. hey future idea.. mixing drink in giant daiquiri glass with a huge straw.. has merit.  Anyway, what I do with the giant glass for now is that I put a colored candle with something seasonal around it.  At easter I use easter grass and some cheap plastic eggs from the dollar store, in the late fall I use pine cones that I picked up outside, at Christmas I use colored ornaments, etc.. you get the idea.  None of the filler costs any real money but still looks festive and seasonal.  And you never get tired of it because it is ever changing.  No, its not my sisters table but hey.. at least I’m not painting sticks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment