Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Chicken Salad Endive Cups

I got an email the other day that included this easy appetizer idea and I immediately wanted to make them. Super quick, super easy, super yummy.

I changed 2 things from the original recipe - I didn't read thru the entire recipe (you'd think I'd know better by now) so didn't see that she folded grapes into the chicken salad, I only put one on top -which I think looks pretty - and second, the store-bought chicken salad had way too much mayo in it for my liking so I added some chopped up cooked chicken I had in the fridge to make the salad thicker and more chickeny. Chickeny is a word, right?


Ingredients:

 -1 pint of store-bought chicken salad
- half a bag of red grapes
- 2 or 3 heads of endive

Directions:

Slice the grapes in half and fold into the chicken salad. (Or be like me and skip that part and just put one grape half on the top.) Peel off individual endive leaves, scoop the chicken salad into each leaf and serve on a platter.

click here for the original recipe.

My friend Mary makes another stuffed endive appetizer that I love - she mixes together chopped apples, blue cheese, radicchio, and walnuts (she makes it with pine nuts instead if Dave is around since he's allergic to nuts - she's a nice friend. I'd probably just tell him to not eat the endive cups and steer him towards some tortilla chips or something!) and scoops the mixture onto one half of an endive leave (so it's just a bite of filling). Top with half a red grape and drizzle with balsamic. Delish!








No comments:

Post a Comment