Thursday, May 19, 2016

Creamy Mustard Salad Dressing

I adapted this recipe from Martha Stewart - I make my own mustard vinaigrette and then add a splash of cream (not 3/4 cup like her recipe calls for). It's really really good, we put it on so many things!


I use a salad dressing cruet/bottle with a lid from the grocery store - I think it's from Good Seasons maybe? Following the lines on the bottle I add dijon mustard and a little white vinegar to the first line, add a splash of water, then some olive oil. Shake that up, then add a splash of cream and season with salt and pepper. Shake until well blended, taste and adjust seasonings. If you don't have one of these jars I'll guess and say I use a couple Tablespoons dijon, a couple Tablespoons white vinegar, 1 Tablespoon water, and 1/3 to 1/2 cup olive oil. I have no idea how much cream, I literally just pour a splash in.

Keep refrigerated; the oil thickens when it's chilled though so bring it to room temp before serving. If I'm in a hurry to use it I just put it in a cup of warm water until it loosens up. Shake well.

Mmmmmm this is one of my favorite salad dressings to make...try it!

The other day I posted about making steak fries with burger patties and a salad tossed with this dressing, click here to check that out.

bringing the dressing up to room temp
in a cup of warm water. 




No comments:

Post a Comment