Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Road Trip - day 5 (and a crocheted basket)

Last leg of our trip - St Louis to East Lansing. Thankfully we had great weather other than the extreme heat for the first part, but the a/c held on so all good. In fact I think this is the first trip that everything went smoothly with the rv! Yes.

Not a whole lot happening or to look at today, so thought I'd share a few miscellaneous pics with you about living in the rv:

I have tried everything I can think of to get a wire basket to stick on the wall to hold our fruit and veggies but the whole thing keeps crashing down. So this morning I got the idea to make a lightweight hanging basket out of the leftover polypropylene twine I found in the hardware section of the dollar store (I made a dish scrubby out of the rest of it) and hang it from a suction cup on a less slippery wall - so far it's working. I couldn't find a pattern for what I was seeing in my mind so I based it on this pattern but mine doesn't have rings in it for support (I can only use things that are already in the rv!) and I only made one handle. It turned out cute!

For some reason it is Sarges routine to sit on the picnic table at our campsite - I don't know how or when it started but that's his place now...

We use the campground facilities instead of our teeny shower in the rv, it's taken me a few trips but I'm figuring out the easiest way to get all my stuff to the shower. The bathroom and showers aren't always the cleanest so I don't want to set anything down if I can help it - some places have a small ledge by the sink but many don't, there are always hooks tho so I take advantage of them. I carry everything in a cute lightweight nylon tote bag - hanging toiletry bag, a waterproof bag holds everything that can get wet in the shower (after showering I can put everything wet back in the bag and not get everything else wet), change of clothes, and the extra set of rv keys. I sewed little loops on all of our towels so they can hang up without touching anything else. This system is working pretty good.


I made a pretty dreamcatcher and have put up a couple pictures to personalize the space.

"on an adventure we will go"
not a great pic and the wind is blowing it, but it turned out so pretty!
Turned around to check on Sarge and Lucy and this is what I see - he is as close to her as possible and they are both staring at me. They're good travelers but I'm getting the impression that they'd like to be home already!



Thanks for reading my travel log - will get back to my usual posts now :)

2 comments:

  1. The adventure was awesome to read! Glad you are home safe and sound. Ok Lucy and Sarge! How cute are those two!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! Yep they are cute, and full of it. HA!

      Delete