Monday, October 5, 2020

Crochet Owl Basket

True story:

I was crocheting in the car and Dave asked what I was making, I said an owl basket. 

Dave: why?

Me: why? Uh, 'cause - hello, owl basket! Why wouldn't I? Duh. 






I'm not going to reprint the instructions, you can find them on bhg.com or click here. For the record, the headline reads "this easy crochet owl basket is the perfect project for beginners" and I beg to differ. I've been crocheting for years and had to google a couple of things - I've never heard of a picot stitch and even after googling not sure I did it correctly but the owl looks cute so am not going to overthink it. I also didn't know how to hdc dec (half double crochet decrease) or what a 'double treble' stitch is, thank goodness for google and youtube hahaha. I could not figure out the instructions for the left eye so I just made 2 right eyes and turned it so it was placed like the sample picture/instructions. 

Isn't it cute?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment