Thursday, October 8, 2020

My Sis is Hungry: Zucchini Bread Cookies

My sister ripped this recipe out of a magazine, handed it to me and asked me to make them for her. Um, that's a little bossy but ok, whatever. So when Brooke came over yesterday and was bored I asked if she wanted to make these cookies for me - as in for me to give to her mom LOL, and she did. I would never have made these if it wasn't for B, they didn't sound good to me at all hahahah.  

While she was scooping out the batter onto the cookie sheets I said they look a little weird, maybe more of a breakfast thing - and she said they look weird and more like a salad. I laughed hard. 

I know my sis is going to review these and ask if they're healthy, she told me not to tell her because if they're healthy she'll give them a higher rating hahah. When she texted me 'thanks for the cookies and they taste better than they look', I may have yelled 'THEY LOOK EXACTLY LIKE THE PHOTO YOU GAVE ME' like somehow I just randomly made these cookies for her and not based on the recipe she insisted I make? Like it's my fault they look like they do? LOL.

I wrote 'you realize these are the cookies you wanted me to make for you, right?' She said 'no, not until Brooke told me' 🤦‍♀️


I'm writing this before receiving her review just to prove I know what she's going to say hahahah.

  • 2 ripe medium bananas
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
  • 2 T. honey
  • 1 1/2 t. vanilla
  • 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour (I didn't have ww flour, used all white flour)
  • 1/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 t. baking soda
  • 1/2 t. ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 t. salt
  • 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
  • 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (note B used milk chocolate mini chips)
  • 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (we omitted the nuts)
  1. Heat oven to 350'. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a large bowl, mash bananas with coconut oil, honey, and vanilla.
  3. Add flours, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; mix to combine. Fold in oats, then zucchini, chocolate chips, and walnuts.
  4. Drop 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto prepared sheet, spacing 2" apart. Bake until golden brown, 14-18 minutes. Let cool on sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cool, refrigerate for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.'


Jen's review in her words:

So first I have to start with that these were my “find”.  I got a mystery delivery of the food network magazine in the mail- I knew I absolutely wouldn’t subscribe to something like that and forget. I thought maybe my husband or teen had done it as a hint?  Turns out it was my mother.  Apparently she knows me well. 

Anyway- I then feel obligated to flip through this magazine (or I’m wasteful).  Anyway- stumbled across Zucchini cookies.  WHAT? A chance to eat cookies and pretend I’m still healthy? COUNT ME IN.  oh wait.. except I don’t actually bake.  Darn.  Then VOILA! My sister and teen produce these cookie’s!! I was SUPER thankful (wanna say that off the bat).. but they looked like garbage.  Green garbage with chocolate chips.  At first bite I was perplexed.  It didn’t taste like a cookie at all but did taste like a version of delicious moist zucchini bread.  The chocolate chips made me feel like I couldn’t put butter on it though so that was an issue.  They were VERY moist – and quite sticky.  Didn’t love that part.  And wasn’t as firm as bread. Didn’t love that part.  I guess my rating of these is average.  Flavor was good but I was perplexed by the not a cookie not bread status.

Hopefully our mother keeps sending this magazine so I can give my sister more things I would like her to try and make me.. what a giver I am. HAHAHA


No comments:

Post a Comment