Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Tip-sy Tuesday: storing seeds

The garden is put away for the winter and while organizing my garden cabinet I remembered a tip I saw somewhere about storing leftover seeds -  after the whole 'not being able to find seeds because people were hoarding them' situation last spring I'm certainly not throwing my leftovers away! Hopefully storing them this way will help keep them fresh and viable for next year.


I taped up the individual open packets, then put them in an airtight container along with a couple silica gel packs to help keep them dry. Store in a cold dark spot - I have a cabinet with doors in our unheated garage so that should be perfect. I'll do a germination test in the spring and hopefully they'll all be viable, fingers crossed!




No comments:

Post a Comment