Thursday, October 1, 2020

My Sis is Hungry: Italian Meatball Soup

When cleaning out the (formerly known as 'black hole of doom') freezer, I came across half a bag of store-bought meatballs and figured I should make something to use them up (since I didn't even know they were in there I didn't want to put them back and forget them again!). Thought about meatball shepherds pie, or how about meatball chili - is meatball chili a thing cuz' I'm so going to make that in the future! I made Italian meatball soup instead, and as soup tends to do it just got bigger and bigger and made so much I had plenty to share. So since my sis hasn't had many meals from her sis lately I gave her some and this is her review (note: this started off with enough liquid to be called 'soup' but after it sat in the fridge overnight most of the liquid was absorbed so it turned into a very thick chunky hearty stew. Oh, and I also gave her some pull apart rolls that I experimented with after finding frozen dough balls in the freezer hahahah, I'll give you that recipe another time but she included a review for that too!): 


Meatball Stew?? Is that what this is called?? If not it should be. HAHAHA..

My sister said I could add water to make it meatball “soup” but I liked it thicker honestly.

This tasted kind of like Vegetable soup.  There was quite a lot of veggies in it.  and I do love meatballs.  Wasn’t sure about these meatballs though.. they were kind of “hard”.  Like not unedible hard but like firm.  Which in a stew I liked.  If was on my spaghetti I wouldn’t as a side note.  Oh but if my sister would like to make me some spaghetti with these meatballs I would be happy to try that to be sure. HAHA..

Anyway- this stew was good, pretty filling and I liked the mix of pasta, veggies and meat.  Made it much more of a main dish than I usually consider stew/soup to be.

 


Oh separate note- not sure if I was supposed to review the bread she sent but that was fantastic.  I could just eat it .. and eat it.. and eat it. 

Whatever is sprinkled on the top was GREAT.  My only negative comment is that they were in tiny little circles (all stuck together) so I had to break off a piece to eat it. That made me feel bad when I scarfed the first one and took a second.  Like I was eating a second roll.  In my defense the first one was tiny… 

Anyway.. the rolls were yum. 


I forgot to tell my sis to try parmesan on top - delish!

                                        



1 comment: