Friday, October 9, 2020

Stitch Dolls by Grace

Quick Intro - this is from my niece Grace. She is super crafty, artistic, and creative and when she said she'd like to make and blog some things I jumped at her offer! Here is a fun creepy little project just in time for Halloween - or any time you want to make a quirky hand-sewn felt doll - in her words:


 I saw a doll like this, so I decided to make my own version of it and it's perfect for a spooky gift.

Materials:

Fabric, needle, thread and embroidery thread, scissors, bottoms, paper cut out, and safety pins

Fluff is optional



First I take the paper cut out and trace the shape on to the fabric then cut it out



And I safety pin it so it doesn't move around when I'm working with it



Then I take two different buttons for cuteness and sew them on



I decided to change the fabric because the other one was not working out, but your doll should look something like this: 



Then I do a running stitch and leave less then an inch open so I can stuff it with fluff




Then when I stuff it I take a pencil so I can get the stuffing even and into the limbs



Do not panic when you see this. We are going to fix that in just a minute:



When you finish filling it with your desired amount go ahead and close em up



Now we are going to do a stitch and I don't know the name so I'll just tell you how to do it. So now with the embroidery thread, we are going to insert the need in the front and the needle facing away



Then take the needle that came out from the back side and pull it between the thread in the front and pull all the way



Should start to look like this



Repeat until you make it all the way around the doll. We are back to this part where I told you not to panic. Insert the needle at a small angle and do the stitch:



Boom all fixed:



At the very end I decided I wanted to embroider a heart which was super hardđŸ˜… but that's it!





No comments:

Post a Comment