Saturday, October 3, 2020

Parmesan Bubble Bread

Here's the recipe for the bread my sis reviewed along with the Italian meatball soup a couple days ago (click for that post). I found half a bag of unbaked frozen rolls while cleaning out the freezer and wondered how to use them up besides just baking Dave and I a batch of random rolls hahaha. Bubble bread came to mind, I've made pull-apart monkey bread in the past but this one is a little different - I didn't really follow a recipe so all amounts are just to your taste or what you have on hand. 

Let the frozen rolls thaw enough to shape them but the dough is still cold. Cut in half and roll in smaller balls. Roll each ball first in melted butter, and then in grated parmesan mixed with chopped cooked bacon, garlic powder, and a little pepper. Place in a baking dish, cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about an hour. Preheat oven to 350', bake rolls until golden brown about 20-25 minutes. 





Here's her review in case you missed it the other day:

the bread she sent was fantastic.  I could just eat it .. and eat it.. and eat it. 

Whatever is sprinkled on the top was GREAT.  My only negative comment is that they were in tiny little circles (all stuck together) so I had to break off a piece to eat it. That made me feel bad when I scarfed the first one and took a second.  Like I was eating a second roll.  In my defense the first one was tiny… 

Anyway.. the rolls were yum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment