Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Dilly Bean Hack

This hack to make dilly beans is from my sister - I haven't tried them this way but they sound good! Here's what she did, in her words:


So I spent a day canning with my friend and her family and after an entire day of work and 20 pounds of green beans we ended up with a totally of 20 precious jars to split. These jars are like gold.. priceless. So after that long weekend one day I finished a jar of pickles and thought hmmm this juice is very similiar. I wonder...

that said I went to the store and bought fresh green beans, came home and washed them, snipped the ends (I had ALOT of experience at that part), and cooked for a couple minutes to soften.  I then put those in the pickle jar, added a tiny bit of white vinegar and let them sit for 2 weeks! Nope definitely can’t compete with the home canned version (I knew better than to think it would) but it sure was delicious anyway!! A pretty good easy hack!  Maybe my sister already knew this Idea and just didn’t share with me? Hopefully it wasn’t already on the blog cuz then I’ll get in trouble for not reading it all.. HAHAHA.


No comments:

Post a Comment