Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Homemade Citrus Pesto

From August '16 - one of my favorite recipes, especially when I have lots of basil growing in the herb pallet garden!

I'm not a fan of making videos of myself but am going to try to do them more often to make it easier to show you some of our projects - watch this one to see how to make a pesto that we love.


Citrus Pesto:

1 bunch basil leaves (about 3 cups)
1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
1 garlic clove
grated zest and juice of 1 lemon, and 1 orange
1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
1/2 cup olive oil (or to taste)
1 cup grated parmesan

Blend the 1st 7 ingredients in a food processor. Stream in oil until creamy. Stir in parmesan.

Lots of uses for pesto - one of our favorites is to combine it with 1 lb of cooked pasta and 1/2 cup of the water you cooked the pasta in.


This recipe came from "Everyday Pasta" by Giada DeLaurentis

2020 update: I make this all the time and we love it. I have no idea why this post mentions a video of me making pesto - there's no video here? Hmmmm....whatever, just follow the recipe - you don't need a video, it's super easy. And I promise this is delish!



No comments:

Post a Comment