Friday, September 27, 2019

Make a Flip Book


I told you I'm volunteering again at the elementary school right? Yep - so much for "retirement" hahahah. Anyway - I printed, cut, and assembled these flip books for Miss Jenna and the other 1st grade teachers and love the idea so much that I am stealingborrowing the idea and sharing with you! These are for 1st grade math problems but I can think of lots of different things to create using this technique - gift certificate booklets, recipes, schedules, party planning, holiday checklists, whatever!

 

We used 9 different colors of paper to differentiate each page of the flip book - the bottom (dark green) sheet is 8.5 x 11" standard size paper, then each sheet layered on top is one inch shorter than the one under it. To break it down (because I am lame at describing my instructions!):

Mauve header/top sheet - 8.5 x 3"
Dark blue - 8.5 x 4"
Bright green - 8.5 x 5"
Orange sheet - 8.5 x 6"
Purple sheet - 8.5 x 7"
Blue sheet  - 8.5 x 8"
Hot pink sheet - 8.5 x 9"
Yellow sheet - 8.5 x 10"
Green sheet is 8.5 x 11"

First up is laying out each sheet so the information for that page is within the correct measurements for that page - For example, you'll be cutting the top mauve sheet 3" long so everything needs to fit in those 3"; next page will be cut at 4" long so lay out your page information within those 4", and so on for the remaining pages...make sense? Check out the photos below to get a better idea of what I'm trying to say - each of the 9 pages is a different length. That's going to be the hardest part - figuring out the layout for each of the pages. Once you have that done tho the rest is easy - print out each page and cut into the appropriate lengths. Stack each page on top of each other in order by length of the page, and staple at the top.




Aren't these fun? Of course I made 80 of them so not exactly "fun" hahahah, but I do enjoy this idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment