Saturday, September 28, 2019

Banana-Coffee "Ice Cream"

I found this recipe on 'my crazy good life' and since I have a surplus of bananas right now I thought I'd give it a try - I'm not a banana lover so wasn't sure I'd like banana ice cream, Dave does love them tho so it's safe to say that if I didn't like the "ice cream" I'm sure he'd eat it. Plus I'm only out a couple bananas if it's gross...
Nope, not gross! It's actually really good, banana flavor and all. This took literally a minute to make, plus freezing time, and for a sweet treat that is really healthy* you can't beat it. Well you do beat it to make it creamy, but you get my drift. I'll stop talking now - make yourself this non-dairy ice cream and see for yourself. 

                          

Original recipe:

3-4 sliced frozen bananas
1/4 cup strong espresso coffee, cold
honey/sugar
1/2 t. vanilla or coffee extract

Add a bit of sweetener to the coffee, to your liking.

In a food processor, add frozen bananas, coffee, and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth and creamy. Freeze for 1 hour. 

My changes ~ I made this in my Ninja blender,  used 2 1/2 whole frozen bananas and enough coffee to make it the correct texture. I used caramel flavored coffee, didn't add vanilla extract because I had flavored coffee, and drizzled honey in to make it just a tiny bit sweet.

*unless you don't like the sugar in the bananas, but I feel like hey, it's a fruit - and really, am I gaining weight from eating too many bananas or might the culprit be the wine I drink? Yep, not blaming the bananas.


9.28.18: chicken parmesan stuffed portobello mushrooms
9.28.17: my baking center
9.28.16: pumpkin nutella cookie bars
9.28.15: pumpkin tower

No comments:

Post a Comment