Thursday, November 3, 2016

Chain Garland

Helping Ronda at her Stampin' Up studio is so much fun and fills me with creative ideas. But having said that, it is also causing me to have a little OCD problem - I cannot bring myself to waste paper or supplies, or throw anything away that might be "useful"...so I end up bringing home all sorts of scraps of paper, bits of ribbon, empty ribbon rolls...you name it and I've thought "I can make something out of that"! Needless to say, I have a whole bunch of little bits of stuff everywhere in my craft room!!

A super easy quick thing I made out of strips of leftover paper is this fall colored chain garland. I "rescued" lots of little strips from Ronda's recycle pile (conveniently they are all fall colored and go together, beauty of Stampin' Up seasonal papers - it all matches!), not sure what she trimmed them off of but they're all the exact same size so I didn't even have to trim them - ahhhh, I love a craft that almost makes itself ha! You will most likely have to cut strips to equal size, but really - that isn't hard. To assemble the chain you just start with one strip, curl it into a circle and staple it closed. Then thread the next strip thru the first circle and staple it into a circle. Continue until it's as long as you want, then find a cute place to drape it - maybe your mantel, from some sticks in a vase,  or over a bathroom mirror...you get the idea. Cute, easy, cheap, quick - and it used up a few of the little scrap papers I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment