Friday, November 11, 2016

Mosaic Magazine Project...by Brooke

Brooke made this very cool paper project in art class at school, I love it and asked her to blog it for us - here is what she did in her words:


"so first thing i did was cut white poster board into squares. then i drew on the non shiny side of one of the squares the object i wanted to make. so after i had my flower drawn i took magazines and cut the pages out that had the color i wanted for my flower. then after i had those pages i cut the colors i wanted into many different triangle shape for my project. then i would put down some mod podge on the flower drawing and use the bits of magazines and put them where they would go and where the mod podge was!"


I asked if she put mod podge over the entire picture when it was done but she said nope, the teacher said that's just a waste of mod podge. She just brushed some on the picture and then stuck on the little pieces of cut up magazine page - normally when you decoupage the piece of paper gets mod podged on both sides and also on the surface where you are laying the paper...seems to have worked just fine doing it her way though! Isn't this a fun idea? Great kid craft!


I like this project so much I laminated it and hung it up in the rv - original artwork in the camper :)






No comments:

Post a Comment