Saturday, February 4, 2017

Super Bowl Party Games

I posted yesterday about game day recipes, today I decided we need some fun games to play for people who don't have to be glued to the tv and wish everyone would shut up so they can just watch the game (no names but cough...Dave...cough). In addition to commercial bingo (click here for yesterday's post) and a traditional squares pool I've got a few other things we can do:


-Flick Football. Make an origami football out of a standard piece of printer paper then take turns flicking it to see who can get it to overhang the table edge of the opposing side of the table. If they get it to overhang in 4 flicks you get 6 points and then flick it thru goal posts (opposing player holds up fingers like goal posts) for the extra point. First player to 35 wins. Click here for how to make an origami football (I bet you all have made these at some point in the past, when I started following the directions I totally remembered them - super easy) and also for the actual "rules" on how to play.

-Football Charades. Just like regular charades only with football themed words and phrases to act out.  For instance: touchdown, field goal, cheerleader, helmet, football, team, quarterback, goal post, halftime, mascot, referee, coach, announcer.  I'm just going to write out the words on pieces of paper, divide everyone into two teams, play like regular charades.

- Don't say it.  Make a list of however many words and simple phrases you can think of that might get said on-air during the game and commercials. I'm shooting for 100 different things. Then everyone gets a copy of the list and chooses 25 things from the list they think have the least chance of being said during the game. If the words do get said, mark them off from your list. The person with the highest number of words left at the end of the game that were unsaid (from their list of 25) wins. For example: from the list I choose 25 different words that I think have the greatest chance of not being said during the game - maybe that's some random players name, a type of play, an assistant coach, words that could possibly come up in commercials like "transmission" "hot tub" "cheeseburger" etc. Have fun with it :). Person with the most words unsaid from their 25 choices wins.

- Football Toss. I saw this idea online and it looks easy - Using different colors of Goldfish crackers as markers (or anything you can think of that has multiple colors and you can toss - m&m's, coins, etc.) everyone chooses their color and takes turns tossing their marker onto a football field that you have either on a tabletop or the floor. If you land on the 50 yard line it's 2 points, if you land on any other line it's 1 point.  Play to whatever score you want, or have it be a timed event. I'm either going to use the felt runner I made (it's just a long rectangle of green felt with white duct tape lines and numbers stuck to it) or a plastic green tablecloth if I can easily find one and put tape on for the side lines and center line. I'm keeping this simple since it's just for people to throw crackers at hahah.

Enjoy the game, have fun, good luck, and since I'm sure I'll feel "guilty" for all the junk food I'm going to eat I'll find an exercise or healthy recipe to balance it out next week ;).




No comments:

Post a Comment