Thursday, February 9, 2017

Sweet Potato "Toast"

After Mickey got me hooked on "dippy" eggs and avocado on multi grain toast she then told me about having eggs and avocado on sweet potato "toast". I was confused when she told me how she does it - she said she runs the slices thru the toaster a few times to get it toasted enough...wait, she puts sweet potatoes in the toaster? What? Well that's exactly what she does - I looked online and sure enough this is a thing! Slice the sweet potatoes into about 1/4" slices (I like them peeled but you don't have to) then literally put them in the toaster. I don't have a regular toaster so used my toaster oven, Mickey uses her plain old pop-up toaster. You have to put them thru a few times to get them cooked thru, my toaster takes about 4 cycles but play with yours until the potatoes are a little browned and not crunchy anymore.  I'm surprised to say they don't make a mess at all - no drips or anything. Of course it doesn't taste like toast (since it's not bread haha) but it's a great toast substitute and my "dippy" eggs and avocado taste great on these sweet potatoes - another winner Mickey!

2 comments:

  1. I like a lot of foods, but sweet potato's is not one of them. I don't now why. Maybe I should try this. It looks great. I love a good fried egg over easy. A runny yoke is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give this a try and see what you think! And I agree, love a good dippy egg :)

    ReplyDelete